Thursday, January 6, 2011

tutu cute and soso proud

Thanks to


I got a great idea.  I said, "I must make that for the next little girl's birthday that rolls around.  Well, wouldn't you know that the invite came the very next day!!!!  So Annie is the proud recipient of my first craft gift of 2011.  (Many more to come, be assured!)


So, I painted a canvas from Hob Lob with chalkboard paint.  I used spray paint, and this is my FIRST EVER chalkboard project {gasp}, so I can't say how it compares to the stuff in the can, but I thought it was quite easy to use.


























Then staple a ribbon to the bottom.











Add two ribbon "straps" and attach to a baby hanger.  I stapled too close to the edge the first time and had to try again.  Still not perfect, but hey....... ;-)








Add some tulle to the bottom, stapling again.  The original tutorial called for 2 yards.  I had 5 yards, so I just estimated.  It worked out fine.  Staple across, then fluff.  One of my staples came out during the fluffing causing some mild panic on my part, but I calmly quickly got a set of pliers (first thing I found), and whacked it back in!








Add two bows to cover the staples with some handy, dandy hot glue, add a little bday wish and VOILA!  Done!










I sure hope she likes it.  I know I do.  And now she can hang it on her door and let her 2 brothers know to "KEEP OUT!  NO BOYS ALLOWED!"





I give it


Night!

2 comments:

  1. this turned out freaking adorable!...i heart the ribbon and the tulle!...love it!....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Annie is going to love her chalkboard. I'll be on the lookout for canvases when I go to Goodwill(for you).

    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete